SHEET METAL WORKERS’ LOCAL 19
Get the job done on time. The first time. Every time.
HVAC • architectural metal • industrial • coppersmithing • commercial kitchen equipment • signage • drafting • production
Local 19 is solving the industry’s workforce challenges by supplying sheet metal journeypersons and apprentices trained to top industry standards for skill and safety.
To get in touch with us about becoming a contractor partner, use the form below:
Gain the Local 19 advantage.
These are just some of the advantages you receive when you’re affiliated with Local 19.
The benefits of becoming a Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 19 Signatory Contractor
- ACCESS TO A HIGHLY SKILLED, ON-DEMAND WORKFORCE, who operates the latest, most sophisticated equipment, saving your business money on recruitment and retention
- CONTINUING EDUCATION for Journeypersons and apprentices in our state-of-the-art facility―all at no cost to you
- THE BEST BENEFITS IN THE INDUSTRY, including:
- Blue Cross PPO, Open Access
- Vision care
- Prescription drugs
- Mental Health
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pension and Annuity
- Local 19 Pension
- Annuity Fund (401K)
- GREATER ACCESS TO NEW MARKETS, our multi-employer network and Project Labor Agreements (PLAs) to help make bidding and budgeting predictable
- ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT for your business from a union that recognizes the value of labor management cooperation
- ACCESS TO OUR MULTI-EMPLOYER NETWORK for contracting opportunities and members
- MEMBERSHIP IN THE LEADING INDUSTRY TRADE ORGANIZATION – Membership in the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA)
- GREATER VISIBILITY FOR YOUR COMPANY through union advertising showcasing our contractors
Who We Are
Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 19 is a building trades union representing more than 4,300 skilled and licensed workers throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. We stand together as the most highly trained professionals in the industry, bringing top safety standards and quality to any project.
Local 19’s members and contractors specialize in the fabrication and installation of custom sheet metal products for HVAC, architectural metal, industrial, commercial kitchen equipment, and signage within the sheet metal industry. Our work includes but is not limited to commercial and residential high-rise buildings, hospitals, pharmaceutical research and development/manufacturing, retail, food service, laboratories, utilities,and public and private institutions of higher learning. We have assisted in the completion of over 100,000 new homes in the last 5 years, as well as schools, libraries, and other public and private buildings.
We care about guaranteeing the highest level of construction excellence available anywhere and serving as a reliable partner to responsible contractors and our communities.
Our contractor partners are just that – our partners. Local 19 supplies contractors with the skilled, trained workers they need to meet their workforce demands. It’s that simple.
Don’t just take our word.
Hear from some of our dozens of contractor partners.
Local 19 works with a wide array of customers with local, national, and international reach.
- University of Pennsylvania
- Penn Medicine
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Thomas Jefferson University
- Temple University
- Brandywine Realty Trust
- …and many more!
Work and training for our members
Each of our workers is trained in the most state-of-the-art processes and techniques that help your projects get done right the first time. Existing staff will also have access to training opportunities to help their business grow.
Our members get specialized training in the following:
- Metal roofs
- Toilet, shower and dressing room partitions
- Draft and fire curtains
- Metal lockers shelving
- Duct fabrication
- Architectural metal
- Testing, adjusting and balancing (TAB)
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Fire life safety
- License-specific training
Have a question?
We've got answers.
For questions about partnering with Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 19
Get in touch today!